Day At The Beach Gone Wrong
“Karysn! Let’s go babe, everybody is waiting for us at the beach,” My boyfriend
Chase said. We have been dating for two years.
“I’m coming!” Jeesh that boy has no patience. I thought to myself. Today we were
going to Laguna Beach in Orange County, California with our friends Brayden, Anna,
Livia, and Gregory. Brayden is my brother and his girlfriend is Anna, they have been
dating for three years. Livia is my best friend her boyfriend is Gregory and they’ve
been together for eight months. Chase, Livia, and I are sixteen years old. Anna and
Gregory are seventeen years old, and Brayden is eighteen years old. All of us are
secret agents. Brayden and I have super powers, I can read minds and he can feel
when something bad will happen.
“Come on Karsyn! Get in the car we are leaving!” Chase called from the driver’s seat
interrupting my thoughts. I walked outside pouting.
“Babe, I want to drive today!” I said. We were taking my hot pink Bugatti.
“Fine, let’s go then.” He said while getting out of the car and walking to the
passenger side.
While we are in the car we rock out to ACDC till we get to the beach. When we
finally pulled up and parked the car Anna and Livia came running towards me and
dragged me away to play a game of volleyball against our other friends Monica, Grace,
and Tessa. During the game I noticed a group of guys staring at us but none of us
knew who they were. I also couldn’t pick up on their thoughts for some odd reason.
This is really strange. I thought to myself as they continued to stare.
Down the beach where the boys are playing football..
“The girls always disappear when we come to the beach.” Chase said.
“It’s whatever, we need guy time anyways. We all know Karsyn has you whipped.”
Replied Brayden.
Gregory passed the ball to Chase, who caught it and stood there for a minute thinking.
Chase then passed the ball to Brayden who just stood there and let it go by without
even paying attention.
“Brayden! What the heck dude. Why’d you just stand there and let the ball pass!?”
Chase asked.
“Something is wrong..” Brayden mumbled.
All the boys looked at each other and knew they needed to go find their girlfriends just
by that one look.
Back at the volleyball game..
“I’ll be back, I need to go to the bathroom!” Anna called out as she took off running
down the beach.
None of us girls noticed the strange group of guys follow her, we were all absorbed in
the game. A few minutes later we all turned our heads as Chase, Brayden, and
Gregory showed up out of breath from running.
“What’s wrong Brayden?” I asked as I stared at my brother.
“Where is Anna?” He asked.
I read his thoughts and I knew something bad was happening because of what he was
thinking.
“W-We don’t know.. She said she was going to the bathroom, but that was 5
minutes ago..,” Livia replied.
“Guys.. that weird group of guys aren’t here anymore either..,” I said.
I looked at Chase and he looked confused. I turned to look at Brayden and he was
mad, I could tell by just looking at him.
“What did these guys look like and how many where there?” Brayden asked.
“There was three of them, one was tall with light brown hair, the second one was
short with light blond hair-”
“Yeah, almost whitish!” Livia interrupted.
“Yup, and the third guy had brown hair with glasses and he was tall too.” I finished. I
tapped into my brother’s thoughts.
How do these guys always know where I am? Why did they take my girlfriend?
“Brayden what do you mean?” I asked. Everybody looked confused before they
understood that I read his thoughts.
“Come on Karsyn, you really have to stop reading my mind.”
I glared at him. “Well stop wasting time and spill your secret because we need to
find Anna.”
“Well.. the tall guy with brown hair had a run in with me five years ago. His girlfriend
of three years fell in love with me and broke up with him, I didn’t know she had a
boyfriend.. she told me she was single. I dated her for a year and during that year I
always received threatening messages from an unknown person. Then I decided I had
enough, I broke up with her and told her we couldn’t work out because she wasn’t the
one for me. She went back to him I guess, which I didn’t care because I found Anna.
He was always trying to find me supposedly, because I broke her heart and he was still
mad I stole her in the first place.. He found me one day and beat me up, he told me he
would make me pay.. I guess I’m paying by him taking Anna from me.”
“Why did I never know about this..?” I asked my brother.
“I didn’t want to put you in danger so I kept it hidden from you.” He replied.
“Let’s go guys. Put your senses together and let’s find Anna.” Gregory said.
I stopped and looked around trying to pick up on people’s thoughts. A girl down the
beach was thinking about the guy in front of her playing football. The guy on the
opposite side of the beach was thinking about cars. I gave up and tried to think of a
new plan.
“Alright, you know what, we are splitting up. Chase, Brayden, and I will go together.
Olivia, Gregory.. you guys search the outside edges of town.” I said.
“Fine, meet back here in two hours though.” Gregory said.
Livia looked a little shaken. “Whoever finds her.. just call the rest of us for a rescue
mission.” She said.
“Good idea,” I said. “Now let’s go guys.”
Brayden, Chase, and I took off down the beach and got in my Bugatti. I asked my
brother if he knew where they could possibly be.
“I- I don’t know... Maybe at Derek’s apartment, that’s the guy who is trying to get
back at me.. Or at Lindsey’s.. That’s my ex-girlfriend.” He said.
“Well let’s look at Derek’s first.” Chase said.
I took off driving with my brother giving me occasional directions. I was starting to get
really worried about Anna, she may be a secret agent like the rest of us but she just
started and she is not a strong fighter yet. I’m the top fighter out of my group of friends,
my brother is close behind me, but you just wait till I get my hands on these culprits.
I really hope Karsyn doesn’t do anything stupid.. she gets irrational when she’s angry
and I can tell she is mad..
“You know I can hear your thoughts Chasers.” I remarked.
“I know babe.. Just please be careful, I don’t want you to get hurt.”
“I always am, please watch your back too, okay?” I looked at him through the
rearview mirror.
He smirked. “Nothing to worry about princess, I’ll be fine.”
“Sorry to interrupt your love fest, but I want to find my girl and you need to turn right
here!” Brayden said as I looked away from Chase.
I turned right into a parking lot and an abandoned looking building appeared in front of
us.
“Are you sure we are at the right place..?” I asked.
“Yes.” Brayden replied.
“Then let’s go,” Chase said. “Be careful and stay together.”
We started walking up to a wooden door that had definitely seen better days. I pushed
open the door and it squeaked a little so I stopped and took a deep breath before
opening it all the way. Behind me I knew Chase pulled out his pistol and Brayden
grabbed my shoulder to turn me around.
Let me go first, I’ve been here before with Lindsey. He thought.
I silently nodded my head and let him pass me. He started leading us to a back room,
he stopped and then with a swift movement kicked the door open. Nobody. There was
nobody in this room. We all split up then to search the rest of the place. Chase went to
the basement to look around, I went upstairs, and Brayden stayed on the middle floor.
When I was upstairs I didn’t see anybody anywhere, then I heard a crash behind me
and I yelped then ducked behind an old couch. Hopefully there is nobody there. I
thought to myself. I waited a few seconds before standing back up to see that a lamp
had fallen. I took a deep breath and then finished my search, I didn’t find anything so I
went back to the middle floor where I found my brother.
“Find anything?” I asked.
“Nope, what about you?”
He let out a long sigh. ”Nothing.”
Then Chase walked upstairs. “Guys I found some needles with drugs to knock a
person out.. they knew Anna would be tough to get because she would put up a fight.”
He said.
We all looked at each other, they knew we had training to fight. Did they know
everything about us?
“Well lets go, there is nobody here.” I said shaking away the thoughts.
We walked back out and started driving. I grabbed my iPhone to call Livia.
“Hey Liv, find anything?”
There was a pause. “No, did you?”
“Not really, just some needles with drugs to knock a person out. They had this
planned and they knew Anna had been trained to fight.” I told her.
“Well we will keep looking. Call if you find her.” She said.
“I will,” Then I hung up. “They haven’t found anything either.” I told Brayden and
Chase.
“Well.. drive to Lindsey’s house then Kars.”
“Tell me where I’m going.” I replied.
Brayden started giving me directions again and I turned the radio to 101.3 and the
song ‘Wrecking Ball’ by Miley Cyrus came on which got me ready to go tear down
some doors and walls. I was going to do whatever it took to get my friend Anna back,
and I know my brother felt the same exact way. About five minutes later we showed up
to a modern looking house so I parked on the side of the street and we climbed out of
my car.
“Stick together, understand?” I asked the boys.
“I guess.” They replied in unison.
I swear my boys are identical. I looked up and noticed Chase giving me a weird look.
“What’s the problem Chasers?” I asked.
“Oh nothing, you were just staring creepily at us and you let out a sigh. I know we
are smoking hot, but coming on babe we are on a rescue mission.” He smirked.
“Eww. He’s my brother, just shut up Chasers.” I replied.
Chase just rolled his eyes and laughed. We all fell quiet as we remembered why we
were here and we started making our way towards the house. Chase and Brayden
both had their pistols out this time, I stopped at the door to listen for a moment before
busting it open. We walked into the foyer of the house and Chase checked the living
room to the left while Brayden checked the kitchen to the right. When they returned to
where I was standing we walked forward into the bedroom. I noticed there was a
blinking light on her home phone showing she had a voice mail, I walked over and
pushed play.
“Lindsey, go to the warehouse at 8 p.m. The address is 1600 W. Winchester Road.
We have the girl. We’ll be waiting for your commands.”
I noticed Chase look at his watch, “It’s 7:48 right now.” He said.
“I’ll call Livia and Gregory,” I said. “This place is empty too. Let’s go.”
“Hey Greg. We are heading to a warehouse on 1600 W. Winchester Road. It’s
where Anna is. Meet us there ASAP.” Then I hung up my phone and took off down the
road. It was about a 10-minute drive so we would be a few minutes past 8 ‘o clock.
None of us talked on the way there, we were all going over strategies in our heads.
When we neared the warehouse we noticed other cars parked outside so I shut off my
lights and parked further away. A few minutes later Livia and Gregory showed up in
Greg’s candy apple red Ferrari. We all climbed out of the cars.
“Alright.. what is the plan? We can’t just go in.” Livs said.
I opened my trunk to get out my guns and knives. “Well grab weapons and let’s go.
Stab the people you see so we can sneak in without gun shots going off. Disconnect
any cameras if you see them.” I said. They all grabbed weapons and we took off.
When we neared the door Brayden held up his hand to signal us to stop for a moment.
He turned to look around the corner and saw three guards, then he turned back to us.
“Alright three guards, five of us. I got the tall one, Greg short one to the left and
Chase-” Brayden started to say.
“Excuse you. I’m going for the third guy. Just because I’m a girl doesn’t mean I can’t
handle this. I’m getting my friend back.” I snapped.
“Fine, you get the third guy to the right.” He replied.
Chase rolled his eyes and mumbled, “Yeah, I’m the whipped one, your sister has you
wrapped around her finger.” Then he turned and looked at me. “Be careful babe, I’m
here if you need me. Livs and I can help.” He said.
Brayden rolled his eyes at Chase then counted to five silently using his fingers and we
rushed in. I took my guy down in 3 seconds flat. I looked at Brayden and Greg to see
them gawking at me and just did my trademark smirk. Chase and Livia joined our side
then and we all started walking to the end of the hallway where we stopped again to
see what our competition was. This time there was five guys so all of us had to attack.
We all snuck up on the guards and took them out, Livia had a little trouble but Greg
helped her get the guy down. When we continued down the hallway we saw a door
leading to an open room with Anna inside of it. We ducked behind the couch when we
heard footsteps coming. In walked the three guys, Derek, the short one, and the other
tall one, and a girl who I could only assume was Lindsey.
“Well, well, well, who do we have here,” Derek said as we all held our breaths. “I
know Karsyn, Brayden, Chase, Gregory, and Livia are here. The pile up of bodies was
enough to show that, so where are you guys?”
I looked over and saw Brayden starting to slowly rise so I grabbed his hand and stood
up with him.
“Nice to see you again Brayden. Oh, and how cute. You brought your little sister.”
Derek said.
“Shut up right now Derek before I bust your face in.” My brother replied.
“Where’s the rest of your party?” Derek asked.
I grabbed Chase’s hand, while Brayden grabbed Livia’s hand and she grabbed Greg’s
hand, then they rose. I tapped into Derek’s thoughts as this was happening.
Well there’s five of them. Great. Two girls. Three guys. Livia doesn’t look strong, she’ll
be easy to take out. The boys are all muscular looking and tall, but so are we. Karsyn
though.. she has the look of a killer in those beautiful blue eyes. I wish we all could
have been friends.. maybe I would have had a chance with her. Why is she staring so
intently at me right now? After I heard that I turned and looked away blushing. What did I just hear? Does he have a crush on me? I just want to get my friend back and go home.
Believe me I will kill whoever to get her, that is just part of my training. On my left,
Chase squeezed my hand so I turned and looked at him. He looked upset, he probably
just saw me staring at Derek and took it the wrong way. I’ll explain later, we are busy.
“Hmm.. well then,” Derek started. “What’s your plan?”
“Cut the crap Derek. Tell me why you took my girlfriend anyways.” My brother said.
“Ahh. Straight to the point as always. Uhh, Linds wanted to have her way with your
girl Anna,” He said. “They’ve been talking all day. I do believe your dear sweet Anna
has received a few slap, punches, and kicks for not behaving. Yet, she hasn’t shed a
single tear, which makes Lindsey that much more pissed off.” I tapped into my
brother’s thoughts. Oh, he was angry now that he heard Anna had been harmed. I
turned to Chase and mouthed “Five seconds” while Brayden turned to Livia and Greg
and told them the same. I looked up and noticed Derek and his friends looked very
confused while Lindsey looked sad seeing my brother again. We squeezed each
others hands five times before we took off to attack. I ran straight towards the short
guy with the light blonde hair and tackled him to the ground as I started punching him
in the face, he was almost knocked out when someone grabbed the back of my shirt
and pulled me off. I turned around to come face to face with a fist. My head whipped
backwards and once I saw it was Lindsey I lunged at her and landed a blow on her
right cheek, behind me I knew that Chase took out the shorty. Lindsey’s head flew to
the side before she recovered and came at me again I kicked her in the ribs and she
fell to the ground. I landed another solid blow to her face and broke her nose. While
she laid there holding her face and shouting in pain Chase came up and stuck a
needle in her.
“Chase! What is that!?” I asked.
“Relax babe. It’s the needles that were in Derek’s house.” He said. I turned to look
what was going on around the room and saw that Livia and Greg just took down the
other tall guy and Brayden just took down Derek. All of them were laying unconscious
on the ground covered in bruises. Brayden kicked down the door to the room Anna
was in and ran to her. He was apologizing none stop while untying her. I knew he felt
like this was his fault, but it wasn’t and Anna kept trying to tell him that. I turned around
from the scene and dialed 911.
“911 operator, what’s your emergency?” The person on the other line asked.
“1600 W. Winchester Road. Orange County, California. There are four unconscious
kidnappers and a few dead bodies that my team and I took out. This is agent 009678.
Please send reinforcements.”
The girl on the other lined paused taking that all in. She must be new because all the
other operators know of my team and I. I heard Mr. Huff in the background telling her
to send them and respond. Mr. Huff is the chief. “Sorry it took so long, I’m new here.
Reinforcements are on the way.” She finally managed to choke out.
“It’s fine, and I know. Thank you, Tell Huff hi. Goodbye.” I said and then hung up and
turned to Chase.
“So.. Kars, why were you staring at Derek and then turned away blushing?” Chase
asked.
“Oh yeah, okay so this is strange. I tapped into his thoughts and he was thinking
about how beautiful my eyes were and how if we were all friends then he could have
had a chance with me, then he started thinking about how it was weird I was staring at
him so intently,” I paused. “Just so you know though Chasers, even if we were all
friends he wouldn’t have a chance. I’d always choose you.”
“Well then. I’m glad you’re okay, and Karsyn don’t ever forget that I love you and
you do have beautiful eyes.” He said.
“I’m happy you’re fine too. I love you more though Chasers.” I said as I hugged and
kissed him. I looked over and saw Greg and Livia hugging too. Then my brother and
Anna came out of the room and I unwrapped myself from Chase and ran over to Anna.
“OH. MY. GOD. I’m so happy you’re okay!” I screeched. They all covered their ears.
“Babe! Calm down.” Chase said.
“Sorry.” I said blushing.
Then the officers walked in and we all turned to face them.
“Good work here today. We’ve been trying to take down these four for awhile now. They robbed a bank last week and have been involved in a few home robberies.” Mr.
Huff said.
“It was our pleasure,” I said while shaking his hand. “We had to get our friend back.”
“Very well. Let’s get you guys checked by the paramedics then you guys can head
on home.”
We all walked and went to the ambulance, they gave me some ibuprofen since my
head was pounding because of Lindsey’s blow she landed on me and they bandaged
Anna’s cuts and scratches then we all headed back to Brayden and I’s house.
“I love your guys’ house so much. I’m glad we are finally back here, this day feels
like it went on forever.” Anna announced.
We lived in a huge mansion. “You’re right. I’m so happy to be home.” I said. After we
all gave our boyfriends a goodnight kiss and hug we marched on up to my room and
collapsed on the beds. We were all physically and emotionally drained from the day.
We’d talk to our parents in the morning about what happened. The boys also found
their way upstairs and fell asleep. It was a long day at the beach gone wrong.
-christian Stock
ReplyDeleteThe plot was amazing. It kept you interested the whole time
ReplyDeleteGreat story. Kept me interested
ReplyDelete