My Horrible Experience
I’m almost away, I just have to keep running to find help! I almost made to the
clearing when I fell, again. I heard the pounding of his footsteps and started to cry in
fear.
A month ago I was walking home from school with my best friend, Angie, and we
decided to stop and get some food. It seems like just yesterday I met her, I walked in
to my algebra class and noticed a girl sitting in the back, at first I didn’t think we get
along, she was dressed in dark sweatpants and a t-shirt, with her long strawberry
blonde hair pulled up into a tight pony tail. As we were walking home I noticed some
other people who were walking toward the school, among the group was the weird new
kid, Travis, he dressed in all black and never talked. As we walked past I noticed him
looking at Angie so I decided to joke around with her, “Ang, looks like you have an
admirer, maybe you should go talk to him.”
“Why would I? I have nothing to say to him.”
As we were walking home we had a few conversations, mostly about the boys we
thought were really cute, but we both knew we would never end up dating, we also
talked about some of the teachers we hated, but we didn’t bring up Travis again.
Over the next few days I talked to Angie a lot but thats not unusual. Everyday after
school, we noticed Travis staring, we didn’t think anything would come of it at first.
Everyday we saw him closer and closer to our houses but we just thought it was a
coincidence, until we saw him outside Angie’s house one afternoon. “What are you
doing here?” We both yelled at him.
“I just wanted to see where you lived, I want to get to know you.”
“And stalking me is the best way?”
“I guess not,” he paused and took a deep breath, stepped back, then seemed a lot
calmer, “can we start over? My name is Travis and I live around the block from you.”
“Okay, I’m Angie and this is Trish.”
“Well Angie and Trish, maybe we can talk again soon?” After that he turned and left
without giving us the chance to reply. Angie just stood there, probably thinking the
same thing I was.... “what just happened?” Over the next two days we didn’t see or
hear from Travis, so we thought he would leave us alone, we were very wrong.
By the time we saw him again, it was Wednesday before school, we were walking
and gossiping when we heard our names being called. We couldn’t tell where they
were coming from so we kept walking. All of a sudden, a big, strong hand touched my
shoulder. I jumped forward trying to get out of his grip when he started talking, “Its
okay, its just me, Travis.”
“What do you want?” I asked irritated.
“Just to get to know you a little more.”
I noticed he was trying to make his voice sound innocent, which just made me get
irritated even more, so I snapped, “leave us alone! We don’t want to get to know you
and we sure don’t want you to know us!” I started walking away when I noticed Angie
wasn’t with me. “Ang, what are you doing?”
“Well, what if I want to get to know him? You can’t always make the decisions for
me.”
“Fine, if you want to get to know him, go ahead but I’m leaving.” That was the last
time I talked to her before it happened.
A two weeks went by and I thought about calling her almost everyday. It was the
longest two weeks of my life! It was the end of the week and I was finishing up my
homework for the night when I got a phone call, I looked at the caller I.D., and knew
who it was right away. “Hello?”
“Trisha? Hi its Angie’s mom.”
“How are you doing?”
“Thats kind of why I’m calling. Have you heard from Angie today?” I could hear the
fear in her voice, the way she was breathing heavily and how she was talking really
slowly, trying not to cry. It made me really nervous and terrified something happened to
Ang.
“No I haven’t. Why? What’s going on?”
“She didn’t come home yesterday after school and no ones heard from her.”
“I’ll call some people and try to find her.”
“Okay, thank you, let me know if you do!” After that we said goodbye and I started
calling everyone I knew from school and all of her friends, but no one heard from her. I
couldn’t think of anyone else who might know where she was, suddenly I remembered
Travis but I didn’t know his number or where he lived. Before I knew it, it was nine
o’clock and the phone was ringing. I didn’t know the number, but I answered it anyway.
I couldn’t think when I got off the phone, I couldn’t believe what had just happened.
The person I just talked to was Travis, he had Angie and he wanted me to go get her
back. I didn’t know what to do, all I knew was I needed to get my best friend back. I ran
out the door and up the street. I ran for about forty minutes until I came upon an old,
abandoned warehouse.
As I opened the door I heard a loud crash followed by shrieking and loud crying. I
took off running toward the sound. When I turned the last corner, I halted in my tracks
and went back around the corner, hiding, I watched Travis pacing back and forth with
Angie behind him, tied and gagged. Finally, Travis walked out the back door, so I took
my chance. I sprinted over to Angie and started trying to untie her but the knots were
way to tight so I struggled untying it.
After what seemed like forever, I got her untied. We heard footsteps coming our way
and knew he’d be coming in, so we sprinted back down the hall towards the door. We
were almost to the door when I fell, Angie started turning around to come help but I
told her to go. When I tried getting up, I fell back down, I hurt my ankle when I fell! I
started hearing the heavy footsteps of Travis, finally my adrenaline kicked in and I was
out the door.
I started running hard toward the road. I’m almost away, I just have to keep running
to find help! I almost made to the clearing when I fell, again. I heard the pounding of his
footsteps and started to cry in fear. I started screaming for help hoping and praying
someone would hear and come help. But finally after an eternity of yelling, someone
came and helped me to his car. He took me to the police and I told them the story.
They couldn’t find Travis for another two weeks, but finally they found him in another
state. Angie and I are both fine now, but we still are trying to cope with what happened
over that month.
Good story and good job describing Travis, reading this I was a little freaked out.
ReplyDeleteNice story not so nice to read after watching supernatural and before bed lol. Really tho it's good
ReplyDeleteNicely written. A little fast paced though
ReplyDelete