That’s All I Need
Imagine that you've got everything that you ever wanted. All the money, clothes,
friends, and guys that you could imagine. Well, thats me. Well at least that was me
until I lost everything. I learned that you've gotta be happy with what you've got
because once you loose something you realize just how important it really was to you.
My names Eva and I used to have everything. I was the captain of the volleyball,
basketball, and softball teams. I had a best friend named Liz who I could talk to about
everything. Although, I was really friends with everybody. Everybody seemed to like
me and nobody seemed to dislike me. I was the girl that every girl was jealous of and
every guy wanted to be their girlfriend. But I was already taken. I had the perfect
boyfriend, Troy. He was the quarterback for the football team, captain of the basketball
team, and the head pitcher on the baseball team. I had awesome grades and it was
my senior year. Life was perfect. Everything was going my way.
Homecoming was coming up and I was as excited as could be. I had the perfect
dress, the perfect date, and I had everything planned out for it to be the perfect night.
Well, homecoming week had finally rolled around and the whole school was excited.
We played Riverdale this year for homecoming and they were supposed to be a really
solid team. Friday rolls around and all the football players are getting pumped up for
the game. The whole school can hardly wait.
Before the game I find Troy and I tell him, “Good luck, I know you’ll do great like
always.” And he replies by saying, “Thanks babe, I’ll see you on the field after we take
down the Rams.” Then the rest of the team comes over and it’s time for them to take
the field. It’s an intense game. It comes down to one final play. There’s five seconds
left in the fourth quarter and Panthers are down by six. Panthers have the ball on the
Ram thirty yard line. It’ll take a miracle to win. So the head coach of our E-P Panthers
calls a timeout and there’s not one person in the stands not on the edge of their seat
waiting to see if they can pull it off. The whistle blows and the boys get ready. Troy has
the ball, he passes to his wide receiver, there’s only a few seconds left and he scores!
We’re now tied with half a second left.
Now this time the Riverdale coach calls a time out. I look out on the field and find
Troy, he looks up in the stands and thinking he’s looking for me, I begin to wave at him
but he doesn’t seem to see me. So I move closer and keep waving but he’s stopped
looking. The timeout is over and our boys take the field with just enough time to run
one last play that will hopefully lead us to our big homecoming win. The boys take the
field and then it happens. The extra point is kicked and the E-P Panthers have won
their homecoming game. The student section then storms the field and I immediately
look for Troy. I can’t seem to find him until I see him and he’s talking to my best friend,
Liz. So I immediately run to him and he’s so excited about the win. I’d never seen him
happier.
Now it’s time for the homecoming dance. So I decide to go over to Troy’s house and
surprise him. So I get to his house and just walk right in as usual but I’m in no way
prepared for what I see next. I walk into his living room and see Troy and Liz on his
coach. He has his arm around her and they’re kissing. How could this be? My
boyfriend is cheating on me with my best friend. I’m in shock. I feel numb. I just stand
there because I don’t really know what else to do. They both begin to say something
but I stop them. I simply say, “I’m done with both of you. You can stay out of my life
and don’t bother to try to get ahold of me because I never want to see or speak to
either of you again.” And that was it. I left his house and never did come back.
I get home and my parents and brother are sitting at the dining room table looking
very mournful. I’m afraid to ask what’s wrong. I’ve had a bad enough day. I don’t even
have to ask though because they tell me, my mom lost her job today and my dad got
laid off from his. How could this happen? We’d always had things and we always
appeared to be so well off. They then continue to tell me that we’re going to have to
move to Montana to live with our grandparents. How could my entire life change in less
than an hour.
There’s no way I’m going to the dance now. I’ve lost my date and boyfriend Troy, my
best friend Liz, I’m going to loose everything that I’ve worked for in school and in sports.
This can’t be happening. We’ve got to sell a majority of our belongings to pay for the
debts that we have to pay before we can move. I’m left with next to nothing.
Well, actually that isn’t true. I’ve still got the one thing that means the most to me
and that’s my family. I can always count on them to be there for me. So really I didn’t
loose everything, I only got rid of the things that weren’t as important to me. Those
being my ex-boyfriend Troy who cheated on me with my best friend Liz, clothes that I
never wore, friends that I never talked to, and guys who never meant anything to me in
the first place. So really if you think about it, I guess I’m pretty lucky to have what I’ve
got. That being a family who loves me, and that’s all I need.
Awesome story!
ReplyDeleteUnexpected plot twists.. good job!
ReplyDeleteI liked the plot twist
ReplyDeleteGood job, thought it was great!
ReplyDeleteI liked the whole family is there for you theme, awesome story!
ReplyDelete