Western Problem
“What can I get you?” said Frank.
“Um.... I don’t know just a scotch I guess.” said the cowboy
“Coming right up.”
As Frank goes for the bottle he hears a gun-shot outside,
“What was that!” screamed Frank.
He rushes outside to see a man lying in the street, and two men holding guns on each
other. Frank recognized one of the men, it was the cowboy form the bar, (he must
have rushed off after ordering the drink, Franks thought to himself) the other must have
been a drifter.
“WHAT’S GOING ON OUT HERE!” Frank said
“These men were trying to rob this lady, and they pulled a gun on me when I came
to help so I shot that one (pointing to the man dead in the dirt), and this one is about to
either turn himself in or get shot in the stomach.” said the cowboy
Some time had pasted and nothing happened they were still in a stand-off.
“ENOUGH!” shouted Frank, “YOU! (pointing to the drifter) GET OUT OF HERE!
AND YOU..... come in a get your drink, it’s on me.”
The drifter went on his way with his dead friend slung over his horse.
“So gunslinger whats your name?” asked Frank
“Dale” he said
“Well Dales this is on me” (Frank sets the whole bottle on the counter in front of Dale)
“Wow, um thanks but whats the catch?”
*Sighing* “Ok, I’ve got a problem here I borrowed money from some guys to start up
my saloon, and they want it back now there threatening my wife and kids, I don’t know
what to do, and I saw the wound on that guy from the looks of it your pretty good with
that gun of yours”
“I guess I could help, will you pay me?”
“I’ll give you free drinks for life, sorry I can’t offer anymore but I dry right now they
took all the money I had” said Frank sadly
“It’s fine I’ll do it for the drinks” said Dale
After awhile of drinking and talking Franks told him were the men usually hang-out,
and after that Dale was on his way.
A week later Dale shows up in the bar.
“I thought you died” Frank said sarcastically
“No, I just came by to say solved your problem” Dale said
“Thats great, and I got a surprise for you,”
“What is it?”
“I put you in my will, after I die if you want it the saloon is yours, your helped me
when I needed it most so here you go......So I guess you’ll be leaving for a few years
huh?”
“I don’t know I like it around here I think I’ll stay for now at least”
“Well I’ll see you around then Dale, thanks for everything”
It was good, but too short :P
ReplyDeleteIt was a good story.
ReplyDeleteIt was too short
ReplyDeleteIt was a little short but overall a good story.
ReplyDelete-Hannah Nitz
It was short, but good.
ReplyDelete