The Lights in the Sky
Year 8000 has come and gone, as flying cars, invisible phones, floating houses, and
walking colons are all now apart of the world. Madilyn Wilson an average teen girl in
the life of progress. She was pretty with few flaws, tall, skinny, not very athletic, but a
very kind and nice girl. Always lighting up the room with a smile. Taking her normal
routine to the teleporting room to leave the school building and go see her boyfriend
after a long day.
Kyle Baker was deeply in love. He was in love with Madilyn, he was in love with her
so much that anything he would promise her, he would also keep his word. As he sat
in the living room waiting for the door bell to ring, he thought of what his gift would be
to his amazing girlfriend after being together for seven months. This had been on his
mind all day long because Madi said that he could not spend any money and she did
not want an actual gift. He was pondering threw his thoughts while looking at the sky
right outside his window. “I got it!” with shouting out loud Kyle finally figured out what
he was going to do for their anniversary.
“Hello, telemarketer? I would like to make a reservation for a parking spot on the moon
please.”
“That would be fine. We have an opening this weekend for one parking spot for about
a three hours time. How would that work?”
“Perfect! Perfect! I will take it. My name is Kyle Baker and please have this payment
added to my phone bill for the collection”
“Will do so Mr. Baker. Safe travel and have a very pleasant weekend. Goodbye now.”
Filled with excitement Kyle jumped with a scare as the doorbell let out a tone,
indicating that his girlfriend was at the door waiting.
“Hey Kyle.” Madi replied with a gleam in her eyes.
“Hi Madi how was school today”? trying to hid his emotions Kyle gestured Madilyn to
come in and headed towards the kitchen.
“Oh, the usual. Class after class and hurrying here to see you”
“Aw that’s nice. Did you miss me today? You know it is our anniversary.”
It had completely slipped Madilyns mind too. She was so focused on school, work, and
everything else that she forgot that today was the seven months of being together.
“Uh yeah, I knew that. I thought we had talked about not getting each other anything
though.” scared that he got her something Madi tried to think if she had anything at
home she could put together real fast just incase. Nothing came to mind and she sat
there heart beating out of her chest praying and hoping Kyle didn’t go all out.
“Well tomorrow is Friday, and I was thinking the weekend we could take a little trip.” so
nervous that she would say no, or think it was a stupid idea, or not want to go with him
to the moon. Kyle waited for Madi to say something.
“Wow a trip! That sounds nice Kyle. Where are we going to?”
“Well I was thinking that since it is our seven months together that I would go out of
this world to make it special for you.” smirking at what he just said he looked at Madis
confused face. “We are taking a trip to the moon. I booked a flight up there for this
weekend. They will be dropping off the car tomorrow and its a one night trip so they
said we will be there all day Saturday but the car will have us returned Saturday night.
Do you think you would like to come with me?”
“Yes! Yes! Oh Kyle, this is going to be amazing I can’t wait to go. I definitely will be
with you in the car as we set off for the one thing we both sit and watch every night. I
have always dreamed to go on there. This has been the best day ever.”
“Well I’m glad you like it Madi. I’m glad you like it.”
As the day arrives for the two love birds to leave on their trips to the moon, Kyle was
proud of himself to know that everything is going to be great. The night before, he was
laying in his bed thinking about everything. He was questioning how he went from
forgetting something so important to making a last move to make a day so special for
Madi, and everything went his way. You don’t always have to have your life together,
just to make everything happen the way you want it too. Sometimes life will give you
obstacles that you can overcome with a breeze. Even if you have bad luck.
Great job
ReplyDeleteI loved it, great story
ReplyDeleteLove the ending and the message at the end.
ReplyDeleteGood lesson at the end
ReplyDelete