The Murder
The sun was beating down on us as we walked on the shore of the beach with the
water and waves rushing up onto the sand getting our feet wet with the cold, salty
water. We could hear the wind blowing the palm trees leaves each step we took.
Finally we came up on our towels right we we had left them. It was pushing two o’clock
and we were starving. My belly felt so hallow and food had never sounded so good.
Peyton looked at me as I bent down to grab my towel to shake off all the sand that was
on it. “What’s wrong?” I asked. Her face was as pale as death and I had no clue
what was going on. I looked to where her eyes were staring. There was a guy around
six feet three standing about twenty yards away with a gun in his hand in a yard of a
house just off the beach. It was hard to see because the bushes and the palm trees
were in the way. The gun pointed to the forehead of a young women who was bawling.
Tears were rushing down her forehead making wet stains on her orange tank top.
“Oh my gosh!” I cried out in fear, “call the police!”Peyton still didn’t move a muscle. I
snapped voraciously in her face as color came back into her face and her body back
into reality.
“You need to call 9-1-1. Go get that guy and tell him what’s going on. I’m going to
get a closer look to see if I can get a better look at him!” as I was pointing to a large
local man with hair that came down to his shoulders, and running in the other direction
at the same time.
“Caitlin! Don’t go!” pleaded Peyton.
“Just Go!” I screamed. I came upon the dark skinned man and the young women.
He looked about mid thirties and had short black hair. I hid behind the palm trees and
bushes the lined in a straight line. The grass in the yard was over grown and the
windows on the side had been boarded up. The place was a very sketchy as if
someone had not been living there on a regular bases. The smell was very skunk like
and had been a stench in the air that I could not get out of my mouth. As I snuck up on
the two adults, I could hear the man yelling at the women, I noticed her on the ground.
Her arms wrapped around an object that I couldn’t quite make out to see what it was.
“Where is he?! He owes me and you will pay.”
“I don’t know!” the womanly voice said. I got closer and as soon as I had a perfect
sight, the guy yelled to the woman once more saying,
“This is the end. You will pay for what your husband did.” In that moment, my heart
was racing, my heart seemed like it was beating 10 beats per second. I couldn’t get a
handle on my self, but right as I was about to lung out of the bushes to try to stop him.
The woman’s husband came bursting through the door that led inside. He face was
dripping with sweat and his white, raggedy shirt was all torn up with blood spots
everywhere. He had a gun in his hand and before anyone said anything, he shot the
man that was holding his wife hostage. The man dropped to the ground and the
husband ran to the wife hugging her, kissing her. Cherishing the moments. I heard
distinct sirens in the background and I was happy to know the police were on their way.
great job
ReplyDeleteGood story
ReplyDeleteThe last half was a bit confusing.
ReplyDelete