Thursday, October 3, 2013

Story #34: October 1st

October 1st
     It was October first of 2013 and the alarm went off at four thirty in the morning. I
woke up, and stumbled out into the living room. I seen my hunting buddy sitting there
and he was on his laptop and said “About time you get up! coffee is on the counter,” he
said. I went and poured myself a cup of coffee and went back to the couch. We sat
there drinking our coffee and talking about where we are going to hunt. We decide a
spot, finish our coffee, and go downstairs to get our hunting stuff on. We get
downstairs and i find my camouflage. I put on four layer of cloths and then put on my
camo. then i go to the coat rack and pull down my safety harness. I put it on and then
put on my hat and gloves, grab my bow, and head out the door. We get outside and it
is kinda chilly but it is still warm because of all the layers. we head to the shop, get out
the quads, and head down the driveway and disappear in the timber.
     I pull off the trail and turn of the quad. I removed my bow from the case and put on
my release. I put on the quiver and started to walk to the tree stand. As i walked to the
stand, I felt the dew from the grass get on my boot and as i walked the water flew up
on my bow, making it wet. I heard an owl of in the distance and a turkey gobble in the
timber in front of me. I arrived to my tree stand and hooked my bow to the hook. i let
the bow touch the ground and then i started up the tree stand ladder. I got on the
platform, hooked my safety harness to the tree, and pulled my bow up. I put my bow
on the hook with an arrow in it and waited. I was sitting the for about thirty minutes
when a deer suddenly came through. I was a small buck, but i didn’t care. It was about
60 yards away coming in slowly. I checked my phone and it was seven o’clock in the
morning. I put away my phone. I sat there and watched the deer as it comes in to 50
yards, 40 yards, 30 yards, and finally it got to 20 yards. As soon as i got drawled, the
deer seen me. I wanted to shoot right away but i couldn’t. he started to walk away and
my heart was beating faster and faster. I put the pin right behind his shoulder and shot.
It hit him right in the heart. he kicked up in the air and took off running. I waited till 9
o’clock and then got down and started to track him. I had good blood and knew he
wouldn’t go far. i walked 60 yards and found him laying there dead. I walked up on him,

grabbed his read and looked at his fork horns and and said “Wow, What a hunt”.

4 comments:

  1. This a good story by a hunter at least

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story from a hunter's view

    ReplyDelete
  3. good story from a hunter's view point

    ReplyDelete

Give your classmate a warm fuzzy comment...